- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: R0023576
Core Benefits: Healthcare Cash Plan, Gain share Incentive Plan, Notable Pension Contribution and 27 days holiday per year plus one additional company day
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Land and Air Systems (LAS) Optronics business unit as a manufacturing engineer – working with key specialist technologies relating to fuze electronics. This role would be ideal for an electrical technician with experience in soldering with a background in both small and medium electronics. We are looking for a motivated technician who’s used to working in a team environment who is passionate about solving problems.
Thales’ expert teams develop solutions that provide sophisticated real-time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon-to-horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over nine million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next-generation infrared and thermal imaging, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in information and enabling critical decisions.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- To perform complex manufacturing operations in accordance with the associated documentation provided - this must be done so to the quality standards expected in a timely and professional manner)
- To adhere to the defined company processes when carrying out all tasks
- Perform self-assessment and approval of products
- Input and support on continuous improvement actions being worked on within the industry
- Be able to detect any fault or non-compliance and if necessary raise the alert –contribute to diagnostics and the finding of the cause/root analysis
- Manage and record build configuration of product/s
- Use the specified company tools (IBS, Palma etc.) when carrying out product assembly tasks
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in working within an Industrial/Engineering environment is essential
- IPC trained and accredited (IPC J standard soldering qualification is required)
- Ability to assemble and test product to a high standard
- Ability to perform complex electrical operations involving wiring and component soldering to IPC standards
- To have an awareness / understanding of Manufacturing processes
- Focussed on meeting deadlines with good time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work on own initiative when required
- The ability to work and contribute as a team player
- A basic level of PC skills
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.