- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: R0024692
Core Benefits: Healthcare Cash Plan, Gain share Incentive Plan, Notable Pension Contribution and 27 days holiday per year plus one additional company day
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
Due to increased demand and project wins, our manufacturing team in Glasgow are looking for a Process Inspector to join them on an initial fixed term contract basis to proactively drive through quality control, champion best practice and engage with manufacturing colleagues to facilitate improvements in product quality and process adherence.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct inspection audits to verify product compliance and process adherence
- Ensure that product or process issues are reported accurately and timely
- Analyse reports on product and process issues to identify improvement opportunities
- Facilitate product and process issue resolution
- Verify that required quality assurance documentation is complete and accurate
- Support the surveillance and assessment of sub-contractors as required
- Provide guidance on quality related topics
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering apprenticeship or higher qualification or equivalent
- Experience of quality techniques
- Experience in Mechanical Inspection, (Electrical/Optical inspection experience advantageous but not essential)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings & specifications
- Use to analysing data and writing reports, and maintaining detailed records of builds.
- Acute attention to detail
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to engage others in improvement activity and champion best practice
At Thales we provide CAREERS, not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Open to any candidate who is able to provide proof of their identity, their employment history and their right to work in the UK during the recruitment process
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.