- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Glen Nevis
- From £7.83 per hour
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Caroline Knox
- Reference: GLNV13718
Job Ref: GLNV13718
Position: Hostel Assistant
Contracts: Fixed term, immediate start until 02/Dec/18
Location: Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SY
Salary Details: £7.83 per hour
Hours per week: 40 hours per week.
Accommodation: This is a live-out position.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our newly refurbished Glen Nevis Youth Hostel. You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
The main responsibility of this post:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- Full reception duties, general customer service, cleaning/ housekeeping including bed making and some catering (including basic food preparation, serving and washing up).
Suitable applicant will have:
- Worked successfully in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Gained experience in cash handling, will be IT literate
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work in a team as well as unsupervised.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Previously experience in reception, cleaning/ housekeeping as well as catering duties within hospitality, service or tourism industries.
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice and health and safety at work.
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis.
- The post holder will have flexibility to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working on weekends, in addition to supporting other Youth Hostels within Lochaber Group.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment.
About Hostelling Scotland:
Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit our website hostellingscotland.org.uk. If you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application with covering letter to or Caroline Knox, Lochaber Group Manager, c/o Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SY.
Closing Date: 14/Aug/18
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.