- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Location: Glasgow
- From £15.81 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 7786
We are looking for a Nightshift Coach Builder to join our team in Caledonia.
As a Coach Builder you will undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork. Carrying out routine bodywork inspections and servicing. The successful applicant must have the ability to diagnose vehicle body faults and specify the correct method of repair. To undertake fibreglass bodywork repairs and have good knowledge of using hydraulic vehicle lifts, scaffolding, drilling machines, torque wrenches, grinders and general portable equipment.
We offer a salary of £15.81 per hour - operating on a 5 over 7 nightshift rota, covering 37 hours per week which includes weekend working.
Working practices include:
- Vehicle fault diagnostics and repair
- Inspect and record defects to the applicable standard
- Carry out high quality road worthiness inspections
- Customer expectations delivering a safe, clean, reliable service.
- The requirements of attending and assessing roadside incidents.
Technical Knowledge and Training:
The position requires an individual who is time served in either PCV or HGV (level 3). A PCV licence is desirable but not essential, however, the successful candidate must have a clean car licence and the ability to attain a PCV licence.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.