- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/ENR592/2/RC
Sodexo Energy & Resources has a fantastic opportunity for a General Services Manager to join our team at Chevron in central London.
We're looking for someone with a background in hard services who also has great communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as experience in managing client relations.
The successful candidate will be tasked with managing day-to-day operations at the two sites, located in Cavendish Square and Westferry Circus.
- Have a strong understanding of all service offers contained within the client contract with a sound ability to draw upon SMEs/Transversal functions where appropriate
- Effectively contribute to the business development pipeline and increase revenue growth of the contract through integration, innovation and efficiencies within the full Sodexo portfolio.
- Ensure the contract operates within the commercial and legal terms and conditions of the contract and deliver to the SLA(s) and standards required
- Ensure the contract is being delivered in a profitable way and manage costs for the client and Sodexo
- Make commercial decisions in reaction to market changes to maximise revenue and discuss business performance with key stakeholders
- Evaluate financial performance and develop action plans to improve e.g. aged debt profile, stock management
- Ensure that health and safety is given the number one priority by delivering all Safegard administration in advance of and during logistical operations. Lead where appropriate, and take part in management and employee briefings to deliver safety information to include; Food Safety, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid and any statutory, client or venue specific safety requirements
- Liaise with the central quality team to ensure quality assurance, best practice and compliance standards
- Ensure compliance with Unit Business Health Check and other audit measures
- Ensure the unit has a training and development plan to ensure that employees receive the necessary legislative training, on job training and career development activities to aid succession planning which are planned and recorded
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage, train and develop all employees following Sodexo HR policy and guidelines
- Manage employees using the Sodexo performance review processes, talent development and succession planning.
- Continuous professional development in industry/specialism
- Live the Sodexo values and promote brand standards as an ambassador.
- Drive all aspects of service excellence across the business area including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility and service standards.
- Plan and prioritise workload and tasks effectively for self and others to minimise reactivity, maintain a work life balance and ensure the right number and calibre of personnel are allocated to logistics tasks
- Develop a network of support that assist in support the business requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office
- HNC/BIFM etc
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Excellent communication skills
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Experience of delivering training
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
- Previous experience of managing services such as mailroom
- AV and total facilities
- Job role covers 2 sites within central London – with a requirement to cover both sites in scope of job role
- Occasional travel and overnight stays will be required to undertake training and other business requirements to relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances
- To attend meetings and training courses as requested
- Base salary of £45,000 - £50,000
- Up to 10% performance based bonus
- Flexible benefits scheme
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.