- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 2991595
Job Role: Category CE Driver (also known as Class 1, Class one, HGV, LGV)
Locations: Cumbernauld, G67 2TU
Salary: £13.07 per hour + Benefits
Start date: Negotiable
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days
Farmfoods is committed to providing opportunities all year round for service leavers and veterans from the Army, Navy and Royal Air Force to join one of our Distribution teams as Category CE drivers.
We recognise that many experienced drivers leave the forces each year and are looking to secure their first civilian job following their discharge date. We are committed to helping people apply for our roles by offering support through our partnership with Hire a Hero.
Farmfoods is a sixty-year-old family business. When you join us you will become a part of achieving our mission to deliver the simplest, best value, friendliest shops in town… different to anywhere else and much better.
We have 4 depots, Bristol, Cumbernauld, Warrington & Solihull that serve over 300 shops nationwide.
We are a family business, not a corporate monster. Our culture is built around our values of Hard Work, Trust, Respect and Positive Attitude and our belief that You Are In Control.
At every level in Farmfoods you are trusted and expected to take responsibility for yourself, your work and your colleagues. This is important because in everything we do we remember that it's our customers who pay our wages, and all our teams play a part in serving them.
Our drivers are the face of our distribution operation visible to thousands of customers and potential customers whilst out on the road. Our drivers regularly interact with our shop teams and our suppliers.
It is essential that you have a high standard of customer service skills and a friendly personality. You must be able to work together with our shop and warehouse teams to get our shelves filled with stock that is in perfect condition.
We work quickly and as efficiently as possible in order to pass on great savings to our customers, so you must be prepared to work hard and get stuck in unloading the delivery off your lorry ready for our shop teams.
- Category CE licence
- A Digital Tachograph card
- Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card
- Maximum of 6 points on driving licence
- No dangerous driving or drink-related endorsements on driving licence
- Must be a former member of the armed forces.
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work
- Experience with refrigeration units and tail lifts
- SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving)
- Completing delivery drops to shops.
- Unloading palletised goods from the vehicle to a designated area within the shop using a Powered Pallet Truck.
- Collecting waste and other items from the shop to return to the depot.
- Conducting daily vehicle checks
- Have a safe and efficient approach to driving.
- On-going driver training and development
- Opportunities for career progression
- 15% discount on our great range of food
- 30 days annual leave
- Free life-assurance
- Free on-site canteen facilities
- Overtime regularly available
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.