- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 2991341
Job Role: Warehouse Operative
Location: Blairlinn, Cumbernauld
Start date: Negotiable
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days
Shift Patterns and rates:
- 06:00 - 14:00 = £7.19 per hour
- 14:00 - 22:00 = £9.62 per hour
- 22:00 - 06:00 = £9.62 per hour
Farmfoods is committed to providing opportunities all year round for service leavers and veterans from the Army, Navy and Royal Air Force to join one of our Distribution teams as Warehouse Operatives.
We recognise that many experienced warehouse operatives leave the forces each year and are looking to secure their first civilian job ready to start after their discharge date. We are committed to helping people apply for our roles, by offering support through our partnership with Hire a Hero.
Farmfoods is a sixty year old family business. When you join us you will become a part of achieving our mission to deliver the simplest, best value, friendliest shops in town… different to anywhere else and much better.
We have 4 depots, Bristol, Cumbernauld, Warrington & Solihull that serve over 300 shops nationwide.
We are a family business, not a corporate monster. Our culture is built around our values of Hard Work, Trust, Respect and Positive Attitude and our belief that You Are In Control. At every level in Farmfoods you are trusted and expected to take responsibility for yourself, your work and your colleagues. This is important because in everything we do we remember that it is our customers who pay our wages, and all our teams play a part in serving them.
Our Warehouse Operatives are the backbone of our distribution operation and are essential to ensuring our shops have everything they need to deliver a great service to our customers.
It is essential that you have a high standard of accuracy as we work fast to pick orders for our shops as efficiently as we can. You also need to be able to handle products carefully so that our customers have perfect quality products every time they shop with us.
- Must be a former member of the armed forces.
- This is a very physical role and you are expected to work hard to achieve targeted levels of productivity.
- A high degree of accuracy
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience in using Manual Handling Equipment
- A Valid fork lift licence
Whilst experience is desirable, basic training will be provided.
- Accurately and quickly picking stock onto pallets ready for delivery to shops.
- Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles.
- Checking deliveries from suppliers are accurate.
- Keeping accurate records.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the warehouse.
- Working within the health and safety requirements of the site.
- On-going driver training and development
- Opportunities for career progression
- 15% discount on our great range of food
- 30 days annual leave
- Free life-assurance
- Free on-site canteen facilities
- Overtime regularly available