- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Location: Larbert
- From £13.70 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 7938
First Scotland East currently has an opportunity for a Shift Mechanic to join the team based at our Larbert depot.
The salary for this position is £13.70 per hour and your working hours will be 37 per week.
- To diagnose and carry out MOT preps, general vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with central engineering standard operating procedures
- Vehicle fault diagnostics and repair including welding and repaint where necessary
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOPs
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
- Any duty deemed reasonable by the Engineering Manager and supervisors
- Working on a shift rota five over seven days
Applicants for this position should:
- have served a recognised apprenticeship
- have experience of working in the bus industry or on commercial vehicles
- be prepared to work shifts (5 days over 7)
- have a clean car licence
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.