- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Risk Management
- Location: Tulsa
- From £170,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000407
These positions could be located at either our Redhill or London (City) offices
Punter Southall Health & Protection
We advise, design and create protection, healthcare, wellness and online benefits for more than 750 corporate clients, 2,700 SME clients and 4,500 consumer clients, representing over £170m of insurance premiums.
Our company values guide our actions and decisions. They describe how we behave and help shape our reputation:
- Personal - bespoke consideration for people, companies, partners
- Impartial - informed choices for trusted relationships
- Creative - valued and different alternatives for improved outcomes
- Passionate - committed determination to all-round excellence
- Clarity - transparent understanding for absolute confidence
Job purpose summary
To provide administration support to Account Managers, Consultants, Senior Consultants and Principals and their clients, where appropriate. This will involve updating internal systems with progress of various different elements of renewals - maintaining spreadsheet records, and potentially manipulating data. There will be some client contact involved.
This role is going to take instructions from different people, on a daily basis - so being well organised is an essential skill.
If you are successful in this role, opportunities for progression will exist towards becoming client facing for those who wish to pursue this path.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Carrying out agreed administration responsibilities to look after clients insurance policies - being organised with a clear work schedule is vital.
- Have a desire to ensure the highest-level client service as part of a service delivery team.
- Have a working knowledge of all group insurance products and the administration of them. This should include pricing of schemes, risk factors, limitations of policies and the services and products market players provide.
- Provide support as required for the administration requirements of the Risk staff.
- Answering telephones promptly when required, taking clear messages and passing these on.
- Ensuring processes are followed to required timescales.
- Completion of all mandatory compliance training
- Working with the Gladis team to ensure data reporting is accurate and all systems are fully up to date.
- Running and checking reports as required
- Incorporating and ensuring adherence to the Financial Conduct Authority's Treating Customers Fairly consumer and conduct risk requirements
Due to the changing nature of the business, the jobholder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Be able to use Excel to formulate spreadsheets as required.
- Be able to create a basic Word document with text and manipulate template reports.
- Have the ability to maintain and navigate around Adviser Office and Volume following company procedure in recording incomes, client details and policy information. - Training will be given.
- Have a good attention to detail and the ability to assimilate instruction and carry out those tasks without an onerous amount of supervision
- Team member - Works across the Practice to all levels of seniority.
- Self development - Willing to embrace “continual learning”.
- Organisation & Time management - Conscientious, orderly and disciplined.
- Motivated - with a strong desire to learn an more detail the risk industry
- Always acts professionally and with integrity, focusing on best client outcomes.
- Leads by example and acts as a role model for Punter Southall Health & Protection
Training, education & qualification
- Working towards Risk CII qualifications once working with us
- Group Risk experience is desirable, but not compulsory