- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: kn0yv
A senior member of the pre-construction or project team reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the organisation and coordination of all logistical operations and procedures, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety in both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
The role will require effective communication with all present within the project team to ensure full commitment to achieving excellence in all aspects of operations.
Responsibilities of the Works Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the responsibilities identified to you in the Company Health and Safety Policy Part 2 are conducted in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS)
• Site management of health and safety
• Assisting the Project Manager by ensuring all staff, operatives and supply chain partners attend site inductions
• Managing and controlling daily activity “Black Hat” briefings for the coordination of trade contractors and subcontractors
• Managing and controlling of construction-based logistics, planning for materials orders, subcontractor and plant availability
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and company procedures, across all functions including quality, health and safety and environmental
• Liaising with the site-based Environmental Manager to ensure compliance with environmental requirements, including nuisance controls and pollution prevention
• Assisting the Chief Engineer in producing and reviewing Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans (paying particular attention to safety requirements)
The ideal candidate will have:
• Extensive experience within the construction industry
• The ability to demonstrate previous responsibility and knowledge of site-based activities
• Good knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant rules and regulations and quality standards
• A good understanding of all facets of the construction process
• The ability to plan and see the bigger picture
• Leadership and human resource management skills
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine is an equal opportunities employer.