- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Surveyor - Quantity
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: hnj5q
Reporting to the project commercial manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the tendering, order placement and management of various subcontract works packages.
• Assisting the project quantity surveying team in carrying out quantity surveying functions
• Assisting with the preparation of subcontract orders – from tender enquiries to placement of order, including liaising with the commercial department as required.
• Attending post-tender subcontract interviews
• Measurement of works
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly valuation of the works and final accounts.
• Assisting in the assessment of subcontract monthly valuations and final accounts
• Preparation of subcontractor’s payment certificates
• Assisting with cost checking and cost management
• Contributing to the preparation of CVRs.
Applicants will ideally have the following qualifications and experience:
• An HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
• Previous experience on site in a commercial role, supporting the QS team/package management
• A sound understanding of the construction industry and commercial function
• The ability to work as part of a team and also independently with supervision as required
• Some knowledge of measurement of building and civil engineering
• A relevant Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
We offer an excellent package commensurate with experience and expertise. We have an approved Professional Development Programme and all staff are encouraged to work towards chartered status.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.