- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: q1x4n
As a key member of the project team reporting to the Project Manager, the Design Manager will manage the timely delivery of technically compliant and cost efficient quality design solutions for the project delivery stage.
• Managing the timely delivery of a cost-effective design that is compliant with the main contract obligations
• Identifying and managing risk from drawings, specifications and project programme
• Establishing the scope and design responsibilities for subcontractor work packages and the associated design and procurement programme
• Scheduling and chairing workshops with design consultants and subcontractors
• Establishing design deliverables and associated issue dates with design consultants and subcontractors and allocating design deliverables to the work packages
• Supporting construction and commercial staff with the management of change to ensure design and commercial aspects are mutually compatible
• Ensuring as-built details are properly recorded and models and drawings revised accordingly
• Promoting buildability and value engineering solutions
Applicants will ideally have the following qualifications and experience:
• A degree in a construction/design related qualification
• Be a member of a professional body (e.g. CIOB, RICS, ICE, RIBA).
• Experience of working within the construction industry, specifically on design and build, new build and refurbishment projects. Ideally you will have experience working in the retail sector.
• Good knowledge of current CDM and Building Regulations
• Experience of managing document management systems
• Competent user of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word
• A relevant CSCS card
• A driving licence
We offer an excellent package commensurate with experience and expertise.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.