- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Surveyor - Building
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: fs8fm
This project will involve refurbishment and reconfiguration, including complex demolition, of existing parts of the centre with the introduction of new retail and leisure areas, new rooflights and associated hard and soft landscaping.
As a key member of the project team reporting to the Building Services Manager and Project Manager you will assist with the successful delivery of building services from the pre-construction phase through to construction, commissioning and handover.
The delivery team are currently based in Newcastle while they work through the pre-construction phase and the project starts on site in the first quarter of 2018. Regular travel to Newcastle will be required until the team are established on site.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to work with construction/commercial staff to assist with the establishment of scope and design responsibilities for subcontractor work packages
• Ability to assist with activities for site establishment, including: arrangement of services diversions, temporary supplies of water, power, telecoms, fire alarms and drainage
• Ability to review subcontractor drawings and technical submissions for compliance, buildability and commisionability in line with ERs, regulations and standards including BREEAM, CIBSE and BSRIA design guides and codes of practice
• Ability to take responsibility for quality control of subcontractors’ work, carrying out regular surveillances and inspections and ensuring procedures at designated hold points are adhered to and correctly recorded
• Ability to assist the project commercial team with valuation of the works and valuation of variations and contra charges associated with ME&PH packages
• Practical and technical building services background
• Knowledge of building regulations, codes of practice and standard practices
• Ability to research and assess suitable alternative products/design solutions
Applicants will ideally have the following qualifications:
• HNC or degree in Building Services or related field
• Membership of industry related professional body (e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE, IEE)
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
• Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card (CSCS)
Candidates will have a strong background in the retail sector and a successful track record of working on large projects.
We offer an excellent package commensurate with experience and expertise.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.