- Location: Ullapool
- £19,000 to £24,000 per annum, Company pension scheme in place
- Hours: Part Time Contract
- Contact: Lesley Benfield
Report to: DYW West Highland Operations Manager
Hours Part time: 21 hrs per week
Annual leave: Based on 28 days and 4 bank holidays, per annum pro rata
Location Wester Ross
Closing Date is 2 November 2018 at 5pm.
Training can provided for the right candidate.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a School & Business Coordinator in the next phase of development within a small and dynamic team to undertake a key role in school and employer engagement to push forward the DYW West Highland strategy within the Wester Ross area. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to all programme outcomes for West Highland and to support colleagues across the wider region in the fulfilment of the role.
Based in Wester Ross or within reasonable commuting distance, the successful candidate will increase the strategic and operational level of industry engagement with schools and stakeholders in Gairloch and Ullapool. This role will involve significantly helping young people in each local area get the right skills and experiences to move from education into employment in line with KPIs.
Applicants will be educated to degree level or equivalent, have excellent interpersonal skills, have strong commercial awareness and understanding of the skills and education in Scotland and experience in managing project milestones.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Act as a key contact for a range of businesses (public and private sector), educators and facilitators, developing strong working relationships to achieve the implementation of agreed targets and KPIs, whilst continuously contributing towards improvement and development of the programme.
- Perform an account management function with designated schools and employers, ensuring expectations are being met and sustainable partnerships between employers and education are being created and maintained.
- Inspire others, be adaptable and work well in a challenging and demanding environment with stakeholders.
- Area control of programmes: work experience, employer visits, employer tours and curriculum support relating to the workplace.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to individuals and groups in connection with the DYW programme to inform, lead change and identify best practice / value to achieve positive outcomes.
- Adopt a proactive approach in email and telephone communications, face-to-face meetings, presentations and participating as a key facilitator and focus for projects.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of various events and initiatives to deliver positive outcomes. These will include business to student, employer and educator focussed events.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of KPIs, engagement reports using a CRM system to ensure compliance with all administration.
- Promote all stakeholders and the use of online platforms Hi-Hope and Marketplace with employers and education.
- Prepare reports on events and meetings for internal use and for issue to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and delivery of social media and hard copy marketing materials. Preparation of written marketing materials (blogs, case studies etc.).
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- A full current driving licence
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Proven track record of working to achieve targets and secure successful working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with event management experience and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Experience of working with private and education sectors
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office systems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised, individually, and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes that contribute towards achieving operational objectives and targets.
- Confident in being able to positively influence others
- Strong attention to detail
- A flexible and solutions led approach to tasks
This is a fixed-term appointment until March 2021, contract is renewed annually in line with successful funding. Interested candidates may send their cover letter, CV and contact details of at least two references.
Contact Lesley Benfield, Chief Executive, Lochaber Chamber of Commerce, 15 High Street, Fort William PH33 6DH