- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 281635
Job Title - Desktop Support Engineer
Location - Renfrew, Glasgow
Competitive £25,000 + Market Leading Benefits Package
Employment Type: 6 month FTC with possibility of extension
About the role
Capita requires a Desktop Support Engineer, to work on-site with one of our key customer (Doosan). This key role will be responsible for providing support of desktop related services and functions to a number 600 end users within Doosan. The role will involve investigation, diagnosis and resolution of desktop services at a client level, service requests, change requests and problems. You will also assist with management and maintenance of Desktop enterprise management tools and the design and deployment of new desktop images and applications.
This is a customer facing role so excellent written and vocal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
About Capita | Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are a leading IT services company that provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed IT services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
We work in partnership with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their organisation and then create a technology strategy to support transformation, drive operational efficiency and reduce costs. Making IT work better for customers is our ultimate goal.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Respond to and resolve Desktop related incidents reported via the service desk
- Provide user advice, assistance and guidance on common desktop applications
- Maintain standard build processes and full documentation for all systems
- Resolution of incidents and fulfilment of customer service requests
- Provide Second Line incident diagnosis and fault resolution
- Ensuring calls meet SLA criteria
- Record, track and update call information on a service desk application
- Ensuring routine and administrative tasks are completed
- Maintenance of hardware asset and software license information
- Populate Knowledge Management system with resolutions and workarounds
- Complete Onsite Backup Tape Rotation
- Complete PAT testing of IT equipment
- 2+ years commercial experience with detailed knowledge of:
- installing, configuring and maintaining desktop, laptop and peripheral hardware
- installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft desktop operating systems and applications, Windows 7/10, MS Office 2007/2010, Outlook, Internet Explorer etc
- A+ or other recognised vendor hardware certification (Dell, HP, IBM)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification
- ITIL Foundation Course
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload to meet service levels
- Use of remote support tools and technologies (e.g. VNC, Remote Desktop, Altiris)
- Experience of creation, deployment and support of desktop images and applications to enterprise managed desktop estates.
- Experience of managing and maintaining enterprise Anti-Virus solutions.
- Experience of handling escalations, complaints and solving problems including major incidents and high priority calls.
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & well-being and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Michael Rosbotham on 07864993543 for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.