- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR013JC
The Senior Analyst for Hotel Banking will assume responsibility for coordinating and delivering the day to day processes that will ensure the smooth running of the banking function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Manager Hotel Banking, supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding the processes involved in the delivery of accurate and timely cash management and reporting for 54 hotels.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
You will participate and play a part in supporting the delivery of Cashflow and Banking strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Cashflow and Banking arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Cashflow and Banking Service Level Agreements (SLA's), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure the agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
• Following direction and guidance from management, carry out and co-ordinate all required Cashflow and Banking related tasks
• Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPI's
• Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management, and implement, upon agreement
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Cashflow and Banking responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
• Support the set up and attends team meetings/huddles etc, pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required
• Co-ordinate day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of the Cashflow and Banking activities.
• Support the delivery of relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business
• Input to the production of relevant and timely Management Information
• Participate in the provision of guidance and support to the business on operating best practice
• Assist in the coordination with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved
• Input to the process of evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required processes and timelines are maintained
• Ensure all monthly closing and reconciliation activities are carried out per guidance and deadlines
• Coordinate and operate the treasury accounting processes to ensure consistency and control of cashflows
• Provide UK regulations, statutory requirements and internal control guidance to team members
• Serve as Treasury accounting liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all cashflow and banking activities
• Carry out all cashflow processes and validation activities, ensuring all accounting is accurately and timely recorded
• Support manager with 3rd party providers to implement system/process changes as required with a continuous monitoring process in place to track any changes to system parameters
• Completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
• Researches and responds to information requests from stakeholders and management
• Reports results to others to decipher and explain findings
• Collaborates with manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish project/department goals
What are we looking for?
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do' approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
• Good technical skills and strong exposure to cashflow, banking and bank reconciliations
• Ability to use multiple systems and understand how they link together, to provide training to other team members and recommendations to management
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
• Good knowledge of finance models of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions
• Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre/Centre of Excellence environment
• Hospitality industry experience
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• Relevant work experience in Cashflow and Banking
• High School / GED, or qualification in lieu of
• Some international travel as required
• BA / BS / Bachelor's Degree, or qualification in lieu of
• Relevant Baking / Treasury / Accountancy qualification
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.