- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 472
Senior Payroll Administrator, Glasgow
You will work with the payroll team in our Third Party Administration (TPA) practice to deliver an efficient pension payroll service to clients and scheme members in accordance with the Hymans Robertson service standards and any applicable statutory requirements
This will include:
• Payment of pensions correctly and by due dates
• Calculation and deduction of PAYE
• Assists with calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HM Revenue & Customs
• Updates and maintains pensioner members tax codes
• Assists with implementation of pension increases
• Produces and issues pension payslips.
• Deals with pension and tax related queries from pensio members and other contacts.
• Operates and reconciles pension payroll bank account.
• Assists with the set up of new client pension payroll service.
• Deals with 3rd party suppliers, banking contacts and investment managers.
• Checks and authorises other team members' work.
• Contributes towards the on-going development and evolution of the pension payroll and cash management services.
• Adheres to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures
• Deputises for the Payroll Team Manager and assists with performance reviews / CDRs
• Ensures appropriate training is provided to develop self and others in the team. Including professional study support.
• Ensure that direct reports comply with working practices and time recording.
• Assists with recruitment of Payroll team staff as required.
To enjoy and be successful in this role you are likely to have:
• GCSE / Scottish standard (or equivalent) Maths and English, or relevant experience.
• Relevant professional qualification or relevant equivalent industry experience.
• Experience of day-to-day payroll activities
• Experience in client care, including the ability to liaise with clients over the telephone.
• Experience in the calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HM Revenue & Customs.
Skills and Experience:
• Awareness of service standards and statutory disclosure requirements.
• Knowledge of recent developments in pensioner payroll that may affect the Third Party Administration practice.
• Understanding of industry Best Practice within a pensioner payroll environment.
• Understanding of PAYE and other statutory deductions.
• Knowledge of the calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HM Revenue & Customs.
• Awareness of the aims, goals and objectives of projects and understands how the current role supports these.
• Proactively builds collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Communicates well verbally and in writing. Demonstrates a consultative approach and is able to influence others.
• Effectively manages multiple tasks at once, prioritises and juggles conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
• Keeps calm and focussed under pressure.
• A strong team player with a motivational, hands-on approach.
In Return We Offer:
A highly competitive salary
Award Winning Benefits package
Shared Values - Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward
Exceptional learning & development opportunities
An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives
So in summary, you can expect a highly competitive salary and an award winning comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable, a share of the firm's profits, good work life balance, ability to buy and sell holidays, your birthday off and huge array of other flexible benefits. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
Hymans Robertson is committed to equal opportunities and inclusion. We welcome all applications regardless of race, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, pregnancy & maternity, marriage & civil partnership, sexual orientation or age.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.