- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 500340600
This role can be based in either Leeds or Manchester
Primary SME for QRM for engagement Partners and teams within Transfer Pricing, COE and M&A together with the North and Scotland business areas to consult with under each of the following.
CEAC – working closely with teams to ensure risk processes are followed and embedded in the operating environment. Role requires appreciation of circumstance to make a balanced and independent judgement on risk v reward to the firm. Helping teams to interpret their queries and understand them from all different angles, for example delivery risk, reputational risk, operational risk. Includes communicating with client lawyers to navigate a constructive solution to contracting discussions.
- Independence (resolve challenges faced by practitioners in enabling them to appropriately pitch, win and deliver work): Role requires a strong understanding of the changing face of scrutiny via regulation placed on the firm, the reputational and financial implications of making the wrong decisions while at the same time constantly challenging and seeking wherever possible to assist teams in getting to an appropriate and independent scope and contracting scenario for their clients.
- Contracting (answer queries and resolve complex challenges faced in contracting for new work. Includes review of and agreeing changes as requested by clients often with tight deadlines (T&Cs, NDA mark-ups and queries on Tax engagement letters and specific Tax additional terms of business). Particular focus is on liability cap arrangements
- Delivery, review of and consent to documents to be released to third parties/or exceptionally published by clients (risk review of work/reports, sometimes to help teams structure their drafts. Mainly within M&A): Role requires an awareness of market trends across M&A Tax. Accountability for the consideration of the impact on KPMG’s reputation in the marketplace and what impact such a report may have.
- Accountable for the evaluation of new service. This includes consideration of the challenges to KPMG of the offering both the risks inherent in delivery and the possible difficulties in matching with existing KPMG processes.
Training, Guidance and Communications
- Develop and Deliver risk roadshows to all teams across all grades: Critical in promoting quality and risk standards and in setting the right tone
- Acting as SME by drafting messages for internal communications from FRMP
- Providing insight and recommendations into firmwide systems that the firm is development/implementing;
- Accountable for the identification of changes to policy and procedure. This includes the writing, developing and promulgating of such policy and guidance for teams/groups and Quality and Risk Management policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc team and group training – identification of risk “hotspots” and gap analysis to ensure delivery of appropriate messages
- Assist lead reviewer for annual QPR process includes
- Acting as SME for consultation with engagement Partners under review:
- Completion of engagement set-up reviews: Role includes through feedback a challenge on teams to maintain the firm’s standards on Risk Management and quality of delivery
- Working closely with other functions to understand the challenges they face in the context of our own baseline requirements and late, results.
The Person – Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
- Sound organisational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- The ability and willingness to take personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Strong, supportive team-player
- Client-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to interpret information and identify issues
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- The confidence to challenge the status-quo and provide fresh ideas
- Prior client facing experience desirable but not essential
- Prior working experience with risk management incl KPMG’s risk processes and QP programme is essential
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.