- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000526
About the Business Area/Department
The Client Banking team are responsible for the cashiering and treasury functions of the administration business' client held bank accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities
Job purpose summary
Working within the Client Banking function, the individual will be responsible for the effective administering of client bank accounts, on behalf of our pensions administration clients.
As a professional services provider, staff will be expected to follow clear procedures to ensure they operate accurately and efficiently.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
Reporting to the Head of Client Banking, assisted by the Cashiering Supervisor and working closely with Pensions Administrators, key responsibilities will include:
- Daily raising of cheques and electronic payments for pensions schemes and progressing their signature and return to administrators within set deadlines.
- Maintaining cashbooks for pension schemes using CashFac, SAGE & Aviary accounting systems.
- Liaising with scheme(s) Pensions Administrators, clients' companies accounts departments for accounting information.
- Daily banking.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparing Income & Expenditure Reports at requested intervals.
- Ensuring accurate and prompt filing of all documentation.
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
This section describes the experience, education and skills necessary for the role (at the lowest level that is necessary for full & effective performance).
Knowledge & experience
- Previous office based experience in a finance related role including payroll, book keeping, cash book and bank reconciliation, although not essential as training will be provided..
- Experienced in the handling of payment requisitions would be preferred.
- Working knowledge of an accountancy / cashiering package desirable. Previous Aviary Profund and CashFac VBT experience would be of advantage.
- Although not a pre-requisite a working knowledge of Pensions Scheme accounting would be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Training, education & qualification
- Good general education, including GCSE Mathematics grade B or above or equivalent qualification.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
In addition to the necessary academic achievements, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Numerical accuracy.
- Able to approach problems in an analytical and systematic way.
- Able to listen and follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner. Seeks advice where appropriate and applies common sense.
- Displays attention to detail and the ability to transpose data accurately.
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Strong customer focus approach to their work - aware of the need of quality and precision in their delivery.
- Resilient and able to work on their own initiative, operating to strict deadlines.
- Professional, flexible and pro-active manner.
- Honest and trustworthy with high level of personal and commercial integrity.
- Well-developed communication skills both orally and in writing, including a courteous telephone manner when dealing with people.
- An accurate and systematic approach to filing.
- Familiarity with office procedures and etiquette desired.
- Able to work as part of a team with enthusiasm.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.