- Location: Aberdeen
- £37,017 to £40,026 per annum, Unpromoted Lecturer
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: NES00172
Lecturer in Automotive (Ref L510)
Full Time/Permanent/Altens Campus
Salary: £37,017 - £40,026 per annum
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair practitioner to join our Automotive team.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair with an SVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in the subject area. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to engage with learners that results in motivating them to succeed.
If you are a highly effective team player with relevant industry experience who actively supports colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain effective teacher/learner relationships with students we want you to come and join our team.
The post comes with 62 days holiday per annum, membership of the Scottish Teachers’ Superannuation scheme and access to a range of benefits including Employee Savings, Medicash, Childcare Vouchers and Bike to Work schemes. Access to Occupational Health services, free access to Fitness Suite and Exercise Classes is also provided.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Educated to SVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
2. Assessor training qualifications*
3. Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Up to date industry experience in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
2. Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair*
3. Up to date industry knowledge in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
4. Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education*
5. Knowledge of a range of assessment methods*
1. Oral and written communication skills
2. Numeracy skills
3. Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
4. The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Team working skills
6. IT literacy
2. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
3. Committed to people development
4. Committed to customer service and quality improvement
5. Ability to relate to people
6. Able to develop positive working relationships
1. Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
2. Able to travel to other locations as required
3. Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
4. A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk