- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £35,841 to £40,385 per annum, Grade 9 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02462
The post holder will help to lead and support the Residential team in conjunction with the Unit Manager of Ferndale Children’s Services to deliver high quality Residential care to children and young people who require to be looked after away from home. Contribute and assist the manager to implement and monitor systems for case recording and other data to ensure compliance with departmental and registration requirements.
The Depute Manager will manage the delivery of alternative outreach community supports to children and young people and their families where there are assessed concerns regarding safety and welfare. The Depute manager is required to register as the Manager with the Care Inspectorate of the Outreach Service.
The post holder will manage all aspects of residential services by working in partnership with families, social workers, education and health to support children and young people to promote welfare and development and achieve best outcomes in line with ‘Getting It Right For Every Child’ and the SHANARRI principles.
The post holder will contribute to the continuous achievements and improvements of Ferndale Children’s Services and prepare and oversee inspections including Care Inspectorate inspections. The successful candidate will support the Residential Team by promoting a performance driven culture of teamwork and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the council.
As a member of the Children and Families Management Team the successful applicant will assume responsibility for service delivery, strategic planning and continuous improvement in conjunction with the Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will hold a professional Social Work qualification at degree level or equivalent Social Care management qualification. For more information about the post please contact
Philip Maguire, Unit Manager, Ferndale Residential Home Tel 0141 777 3080
Successful candidates will be notified of interviews via Talentlink email. The format of the interview will consist of both questions and a presentation.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.