- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Land Planning and Management
- Location: Bishopbriggs
- £20,063.50 to £22,610 per annum, Grade 5 (SS37)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02467
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
Reporting to the Shift Leader, the post holder is responsible for carrying out all duties in connection to the Council’s Waste Management Household Recycling Facility and fulfilling refuse and recycling activities within Waste Services in line with service requirements.
Support the Shift Leader in the safe, efficient and effective delivery of duties within the Waste Management facility, in line with Health and Safety Legislation and council policies and procedures.
Undertake vehicle driving duties and the operation of plant and equipment in line with service requirement ensuring all relevant training and Health & Safety policies and procedures are achieved.
Maintain Neighbourhood Service, Waste Services objectives by contributing to team working and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the Council.
Work towards the continuous improvement of service delivery of Neighbourhood Services, Waste Services
Further details about this role are available within the attached Role Profile.
To express an interest in this role and to support the recruitment and selection process, please submit an application form to www.myjobscotland.gov.uk or contact Maureen McColl on 0141-574-5791.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.