- Location: Lerwick
- £14.66 to £15.26 per hour, I
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SIC02987
The core purpose of this role is to support candidates in completing SVQs in Professional Cookery for candidates working in a professional cookery/hospitality, within agreed timescales. The post holder will work as a member of the Business and Hospitality team within Shetland College UHI
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
• The grade of this post is I
• Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
• Temporary Part Time post for 7.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 9 months.
• A relocation package does not apply to this post
• We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
• Not suitable for Job Share
• Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date:
This post is based at Shetland College, Gremista, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Emily Garrick, Senior Lecturer Business & Hospitality, on 01595 771493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The main job activities include:
• To carry out induction and assessment planning of SVQ candidates.
• To support candidates in the building of their SVQ portfolio using e-portfolio programme ‘Learning Assistant’ and the evidencing of their underpinning knowledge.
• To support candidates in the building of their knowledge and evidence through use of Test VQ and college based tutorials.
• To carry out direct observation of candidates’ practice in their work place settings.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least three years relevant experience of working in a hospitality/catering setting that would give
experience to assess workers in professional cookery/hospitality roles.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Ability to recognise and support the development of good practice.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.