Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faroes and in Norway.
We are seeking personnel to join the supply chain team. The Marine Logistics & Warehouse Team Leader will be responsible for leading the Logistics Technicians and Operators on site and working with the Supply Chain Planners to arrange and carry out a variety of pier side, warehouse (Packing) and factory related tasks throughout the supply chain from intake of materials to despatch of finished products.
- Act as main Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) for all incoming vessels, adhering to rules and regulations of International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Responsibilities in relation to site COMAH regulations and practices especially for LNG and the oil spill response plans for the pier.
- Lead a team of colleagues to safely and effectively conduct several pier side operations including discharge of both dry bulk and oil raw materials; discharge of bagged materials; bunkering of LNG and loading of bagged and palletised feed.
- Manage the layout and running of raw material and finished product warehouses for efficient handling and storage of materials which ensures safe practice and allows for effective FIFO control.
- Maintain stock control throughout the factory with detailed reporting of volumes received; moved; consumed and loaded in both silos and warehouses for raw materials and finished products. Conduct regular accurate stock takes adhering to the factory Inventory Control Policy.
- Ensure all logistics tasks run efficiently, in a time-controlled manner to allow dependent processes/deliveries to flow smoothly.
- Monitor and assess efficiency of all logistics tasks and processes throughout Supply Chain; report through detailed KPIs and propose/introduce improvements and push for development where necessary.
- Focus on efficiency and cost control to drive continuous improvement and provide the most effective supply chain from end to end.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Hands on Marine/pier side and/or warehouse experience is an advantage to the role. A good level of numerical skill is required to interpret data for analysis. The successful candidate should be an experienced IT user and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite. Documents will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK and security checks may be carried out.
In return, we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, Occupation Health Support and an extensive training programme. We welcome enquiries from everyone including previous applicants and value diversity in our workforce. However, living locally would be advantageous.
We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.