- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 80201
Join us as a Data Lineage Manager, Chief Data Office in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills in a unique role in our Chief Data Office within our Data & Analytics Function
- You'll lead a team of around 20 data analysts in the delivery of lineage projects and contribute to their technical and professional development
- You'll be able to make your mark by fostering a collaborative and high performing team culture, and driving new ideas and ways of working
What you'll do
At the heart of your role, you'll be managing a team to deliver Lineage projects which track Key Data Elements (KDEs), from reports through the bank systems, to creating diagrams detailing this journey and delivering this to the business with detailed Lineage Analysis reports.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Delivering quality business solutions, within agreed time scales, where key progress checkpoints are established, monitored and controlled
- Acting as a key interface between the project and the frontline functions and businesses, while building and maintaining strong relationships with our stakeholders
- Leading in engaging with technical and business teams to support specific projects with regard to lineage analysis
- Providing direct support to the Head of Lineage Services to develop and implement lineage strategies within scope
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in business analytics and project management, as you'll need to be able to guide the delivery of complex projects, flag risks, and get results. Knowledge of BCBS239 and radar work would be good to have, but is not essential.
You'll need previous leadership experience, and a passion for supporting and developing others to achieve their best. You'll also need excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and colleagues at a senior level.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience in a business change environment
- A good understanding of data quality and data governance frameworks
- Strong understanding of business analysis and project management methodology and its practical application
- Experience in a financial services or banking environment and how data is used within this environment
- Familiarity with regulatory reports
- Experience in data analysis
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.