- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81912
Join us in Edinburgh or London as an Agile Coach
- Joining us in this brand new role, you'll ensure our various business functions are aligned with the Agile team principles
- You'll act as a mentor and coach to our senior leaders, Scrum Masters and Agile teams, driving performance and continuous improvement
- You'll enjoy considerable variety as well as valuable exposure
What you'll do
This role will see you assessing the scrum teams and wider department with readiness for Agile, securing strong buy-in from the Product Owner and head of department to ensure teams have the necessary backing and support to become Agile.
You'll contribute to building the Agile culture, coaching the Scrum Master and the Scrum teams, and allocating the appropriate Agile framework to each department.
- Mentor the Scrum Master, the Scrum team, the Product Owner and senior stakeholders in the improved adoption of Agile principles
- Identify organisational and system impediments, and help to resolve them
- Deliver ad hoc and formal Agile and Lean training
- Continually build your knowledge of the latest concepts around Agile and the associated frameworks
- Equip new teams with the latest Agile techniques and concepts to best serve their needs
- Contribute to Agile communities of practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in a Scrum Master or Product Owner role, with an understanding of a number of Agile frameworks and techniques.
You'll have a strong project lifecycle awareness, and experience changing organisational or team mind sets, cultures and structures. With extensive experience working in a high performing Agile team, you'll have an in-depth understanding of Agile stakeholder relationship techniques. You'll also be able to coach and mentor stakeholders at all levels.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- A scrum coach certification, or attendance at any ACI agile course
- Experience of successfully improving the Agility in a number of teams
- Experience in Agile project planning and control
- A Lean mind set and experience of Lean start up
- Experience developing and leading a team
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.