- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- £18,765 per annum, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81945
If you’re passionate about helping customers, this is a chance to make a difference by solving people’s banking queries every day. You’ll impress on every phone call with your understanding and clear communication, and will get great development in return.
Join us as a Customer Service Representative in Edinburgh
- You’ll be the first point of support for our NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and Ulster Bank customers in one of our telephony banking teams
- This is your chance to help us make banking simpler, more responsive and personal
- You’ll match your amazing customer service with your motivation to develop and succeed with us, and we’ll offer you many career development opportunities
- We’ll support your personal development with training to achieve the industry recognised Professional Banker Certificate within the first two years
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked)
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping our customers identify products and services that are right for them; you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls.
We’ll look to you to let our customers know their options when banking with us, so they can make informed choices.
You’ll help our customers by:
- Making a positive impact on every customer call, efficiently and effectively having the right conversations with them to meet their needs
- Problem solving and building excellent relationships over the telephone, and providing a friendly, timely and professional service
- Building real connections, being dedicated to finding the right solutions for customers
The skills you'll need
This is a customer led role, so previous experience of working in a customer service role is ideal. Telephony experience is an advantage, but not essential.
What is vital is your dedication and passion when it comes to helping our customers. You’ll need to be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
You’ll build fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help resolve increasingly complex customer queries.
You’ll also need:
- The determination to go the extra mile for our customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- Good organisation skills and the ability to multitask, as you'll be navigating different systems and processing information when talking to our customers
- The desire to learn and develop, and have good keyboard skills
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 10pm Monday to Sunday on a rotational shift pattern. You must be fully flexible and able to commit to the full range of hours.
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more . .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.