- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £35,841 to £40,385 per annum, Grade 9 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02521
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, skilled and knowledgeable practitioner to join our team in the capacity as Lead Officer: Child Protection. The post is currently based within the Children and Families Social Work Service, however, this may change as we develop Public Protection systems.
The following are essential criteria for application:
• In depth knowledge of Social Work policy and procedures with particular specialist knowledge of Child Protection practice and processes.
• Working knowledge of Adult Protection practice and processes.
• Extensive understanding of national and local governance and regulatory structures.
• Recognised professional Social Work qualification at degree level or equivalent.
• Registered with the Scottish Social Work Services Council
Please refer to the role profile for more information regarding the role purpose, key accountabilities and activities. Essential and desirable criteria are also noted.
If you require more information about the post please contact Claire Carthy (Interim Head of Children’s Services and Criminal Justice) on 0141 777 3095.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/18 and interviews are likely to take place on 11/12/18.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.