- Sector: Executive and Management
- Location: Fort William
- £55,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Aspen
Reporting to the Principal and Chief Executive, the Vice Principal Finance and Corporate Services will ensure the provision of Corporate and Financial Services to enable the effective and efficient management of the College; support the college in developing its commercial and corporate strategies; manage operational activity and the effective running of systems, procedures and staff teams to provide a customer focused service for internal and external users of these services; provide a professional advisory role to the College’s Board and its committees on financial and corporate matters. You will:
• Assist the Principal and Chief Executive in the corporate development of the college, contributing to strategic and operational planning, and participating as a member of the executive leadership team in the College’s leadership and direction.
• Provide strategic leadership and management that ensures the college achieves annual financial goals and remains financially viable.
• Provide strategic leadership and effective management for Finance, Estates, Marketing, BEST & Work-based learning teams
• Provide professional advice to the Board to ensure provision of sound financial information and analysis of financial risk.
• Ensure that the KPIs as set out in the Annual Business Plans for key areas of responsibility are met or exceeded, and budgets are achieved or improved upon in those areas
• Lead on Health & Safety matters, ensuring awareness, promotion, and compliance are maintained to a high standard.
• Provide corporate leadership to strategic estates projects and fulfil the role of Project Sponsor as directed by the Principal
• Support the Principal and Chief Executive in developing the college response to, and implementation of, National Bargaining.
• Lead and co-ordinate the college approach to data protection (GDPR) to ensure compliance.
• Contribute as an executive leader towards the achievement of Excellence for All in West Highland College UHI.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, and be a fully qualified accountant with significant experience of financial management in a complex corporate environment. While not essential, experience and knowledge of further or higher education would be an advantage, with experience of presenting to a Board of Directors.
This is has a key leadership and management role within the college. The post holder has a major interface with external partners and agencies but also works collaboratively with internal teams across multiple locations, other managers and many other college staff on finance, facilities and budget related matters and initiatives. Evidence of excellent leadership, communication and management skills, as well as proven approach to developing effective teams are key to this role.
Salary: Circa £55,000 (relocation allowance)
Annual Leave: 44 days per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date - 16th November 2018
Interviews - 23rd November 2018
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.