- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Transportation
- Location: Newtown Saint Boswells
- £23,267.60 to £25,621.30 per annum, Grade 6F
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SBO02742
Hourly Rate: £12.06 - £13.28
Salary: £23,267.55 - £25,621.27 per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent
Closing Date 25 November 2018Role Purpose
Scottish Borders Council is looking to appoint a full time permanent Plant Mechanic working in the Newtown Depot. The successful candidate will be a fully qualified plant/vehicle mechanic who can offer a variety of repairs and maintenance experience within a fleet of large and small agricultural/construction plant and commercial vehicles. The post will be 37 hours per week but the successful candidate must be willing to participate in the Winter standby arrangements in place and work overtime as required.Essential
Good all round education to standard grade level.
Be in possession of the CG371 or 373 Craft Cert (or equivalent) approved by City & Guilds in mechanics.
Must have served a recognized apprenticeship in HGV / Horticultural or Plant Engineering and hold a current driving licence minimum Cat C1
A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.Informal Enquiries
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk