- Location: Penpont
- Salary pro rata 28 hours (0.8 FTE)
- Hours: Part Time Temporary
- Contact: Chris Shirley
- Reference: 2018/001
The purpose of the job will be to engage with the community and to provide support and advice to the Trust. This will include implementing agreed projects and identifying new initiatives. the development officer will empower local residents to take responsibility for the development of economic, social and environmental aspects of life within the area, in accordance with the community. the officer will:
(a) plan and implement selected projects;
(b) support the efforts of groups and individuals to bring about community improvement;
(c) build partnerships with agencies to enable access to resources to intervene in community development;
(d) promote community capacity building;
(e) initiate/support social enterprise.
· Experience of community development work
· Relevant qualification desirable
· Good communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to present effectively oral reports and information to a wide variety of audiences.
· Good organisation skills and the ability to set and achieve realistic targets and to manage own workload.
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
· Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point etc.
· Website management an advantage.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.