- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Head Chefs and Sous Chefs
- Location: Ballachulish
- Up to £26,000 per annum, benefits
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Sandra Milne
- Reference: Sous, Isles
The Isles of Glencoe
Traditional Scottish hospitality with a modern twist - a unique family welcome awaits all our guests at The Isles of Glencoe. Whether they come for the dramatic lakeside views, the mouth-watering Scottish food or the adventure playground on our doorstep, we pride ourselves in creating magical memories.
We’re a close-knit family and we want our people to feel as much at home as our guests do. Our focus has always been on work-life balance and we’re committed to offering flexibility which suits your life and ours.
About the role
40hrs a week, 5 days over 7
You’ll train and motivate our team of chefs - have an eye for quality, consistency and portion control. A great coach, mentor and communicator, you’ll pass on your passion and knowledge of food to the team and be able to step up and lead the team in the Head Chef’s absence.
You’ll also build good relationships with the front of house team to make sure our guests get an exceptional customer experience.
What we need from you
- Sous Chef Experience – or you might be a Junior Sous looking for the next step
- Leadership – a natural leader- we want happy, confident, motivated teams
- Passion – an obvious enthusiasm for Scottish Food produce and menu development
- Business Acumen – you’ll understand GP and manage budgets
- Standards – the serious bit…you’ll have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Creativity - we want you to bring your flair and individuality to the table
- Team focus – there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness – we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to – we’re looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility – there’s no problem you can’t fix
What you’ll get from us
- Development / Career progression – we’re committed to developing our people and will provide training opportunities to help you progress your career in hospitality
- As a member of our Management Team you’ll also have the opportunity to join our Management Development Programme (MDP)
- Great benefits – including pension, leisure membership, and discounts on food and hotel stays
- Live-in accommodation
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.