- Sector: HR, Training and Recruitment
- Specialism: Health and Safety
- Location: Newtown Saint Boswells
- £32,606.70 to £35,617.90 per annum, Grade 9B
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SBO02809
Hourly Rate: £17.8667 - £19.5167
Salary: £32,606.69 - £35,617.94
Contract Duration: Permanent
Closing Date extended to 25 November 2018Role Purpose
Scottish Borders Council is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Environmental Health Officer to join the Protective Services, Public Health and Pollution team. However applications from students undertaking the relevant qualification will be considered. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking complex pieces of work primarily focusing on noise, public health, housing and other anti social behaviour related legislation.
Degree / MSc in Environmental Health
Diploma in Environmental Health (REHIS) or equivalent
Participation in Continual Professional Development
*A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.Informal Enquiries
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.