- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Ballachulish
- Up to £19,000 per annum, benefits, live in available, pension
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Sandra Milne
- Reference: CDP Balla
A Real Hidden Gem, A Breath-taking Location, A Brilliant Team – You’ll feel like part of the family in no time
The Ballachulish Hotel, Glencoe
Roaring log fires, peaceful surroundings, and over one hundred years of true Scottish hospitality makes The Ballachulish Hotel a really special place to be. Whether they’re looking to escape the hectic pace of everyday life or simply explore Glencoe, a warm welcome always awaits our guests. And we’re very proud to say that they keep coming back for more.
We’re a close-knit family and we want our people to feel as much at home as our guests do. Our focus has always been on work-life balance and we’re committed to offering flexibility which suits your life and ours.
About the role
40hours per week, 5 days over 7
You’ll be part of our ambitious kitchen team. You’ll support and motivate our commis chefs making sure they have the skills to make outstanding experiences for our guests. You’ll have a varied workload producing food for our kitchens and functions. You’ll lead your own section of the kitchen and have an eye for quality, consistency and portion control.
You’ll be a people person and work closely with our front of house team to make sure our guests get exactly what they want, quickly.
What we need from you
- Chef de Partie Experience – and a professional cookery qualification
- Leadership – a natural leader- we want happy, confident, motivated teams
- Passion – we want you to bring your flair and individuality to the table
- Team focus – there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness – we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to – we’re looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility – there’s no problem you can’t fix
What you’ll get from us
- Development / Career progression – we’re committed to developing our people and will provide training opportunities to help you progress your career in hospitality
- Great benefits – including pension, leisure membership, and discounts on food and hotel stays
- Live-in accommodation – in one of the world’s most stunning locations
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.