- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Glasgow
- £17,064 to £18,984 per annum, N/A
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: GLA04305
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, applications, and to regain the confidence that their future can be positive.
Jobs & Business Glasgow also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of established non-profit organisations. Other business activities include Rising Stars Childcare, the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, and the commercial property management of rental premises across the City.
The Senior Childcare Worker is responsible for the efficient day to day operation of the Nursery and the implementation of policy in the absence of the Childcare Manager. The post holder will assist the Childcare Manager in providing leadership and guidance in promoting high standards of practice and quality childcare provision. The Senior Childcare worker will also assist the manager to ensure all Care Inspectorate paperwork is completed within timescales and ratios are maintained in line with the Registration Certificate.
The postholder will be required to:
• Be responsible for the care, wellbeing and education of a small group of children within a supportive, supervised environment;
• Participate in the planning of the physical environment of the nursery with imaginative use of inside and outdoor play space;
• Participate in the provision of planned and unplanned learning experiences within the framework of the National Curriculums, which encourage the children to acquire and practice skills appropriate to his or her stage of development;
• Observe and monitor individual learning and record developmental progress;
• Foster and promote good working relationships within the nursery by means of clear and positive communication with colleagues and active participation in staff/team meetings.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification (i.e. HNC in Childcare and Education or equivalent) and preferably hold, or be willing to undertake, an SVQ Level 8/9;
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation for childcare services;
• Knowledge of the standards set by the Scottish Social Services Council; and,
• Knowledge and experience of developing and monitoring a wide range of curriculum for the development of children.
This a permanent post, with working hours of 24 per week, Monday to Friday. There may be a requirement to work evenings and weekends to meet the demands of the business.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Pamela Freed, Strategic Operations Manager, on 0141 274 3174.Application Packs
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.Further Information
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk