- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Glasgow
- £20,350 to £24,355 per annum, N/A
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: GLA04303
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, applications, and to regain the confidence that their future can be positive.
Jobs & Business Glasgow also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of established non-profit organisations. Other business activities include Rising Stars Childcare, the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, and the commercial property management of rental premises across the City.
The After School Worker will provide children with positive, interactive and educational out of school activities by engaging with children between the ages of 5 and 16 through a range of planned/programmed activities in a safe, fun environment. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring children are collected safely from school and taken to the after school facility, either on foot or by minibus.
The post holder will be required to:
• Foster and develop positive and professional relationships with parents and carers;
• Facilitate a fun packed programme which delivers a planned range of activities e.g. arts and crafts, drama, sport, games and music in line with Building the Ambition, Curriculum for Excellence;
• Ensure risk assessments are carried out and that all safety checks are completed before each activity;
• Work with children and families providing a stimulating and learning environment both inside and outside the project base which is designed to lessen aggressive behaviour and to promote healthy lifestyle options;
• Ensure that After School processes are implemented, in-keeping with the organisation’s procedures, including planning and evaluation forms, etc.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification (i.e. SVQ2/SVQ3 in Play work or equivalent) and be willing to undertake any training and development where required;
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation for childcare services;
• Knowledge of the standards set by the Scottish Social Services Council; and,
• Experience of working in a childcare setting.
We are currently looking to recruit 2 permanent After School Workers for our Nethan Street facility, with working hours of 17.5 hours per week during term-time only.
Please note this is a re advertisement and previous applicants should not re-apply.
For further information regarding these roles, please contact Pamela Freed, Strategic Operations Manager, on 0141 274 3174.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.Further Information
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk