- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Financial Advice
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82538
We're looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an excellent opportunity to join the Financial Control & Reporting (FCR) team
- You’ll be responsible for preparing UK and US quarterly and annual external results documents for our main legal entities
- Along with undertaking financial review, you'll also be building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders
- This role is available for a period of six months
What you'll do
You'll be working closely with your colleagues to plan and coordinate the collation and completion of all the information needed to meet the bank's external financial reporting obligations.
You'll also be:
- Supporting the preparation and review of ad hoc deliverables such as capital raising and board papers
- Making sure that UK and US external reporting documents are of a high standard, robust and will stand up to review and challenge from executives and other key stakeholders
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes by actively embedding continuous improvement principles into the way we work
- Building and maintaining relationships across a broad spectrum of senior stakeholders
The skills you'll need
You'll need the ability to understand, challenge and interpret financial data within a banking environment. You’ll also have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to develop collaborative working relationships, both within your team and with key stakeholders.
You'll also need:
- A professional accounting qualification with post-qualification experience
- Experience in a statutory or regulatory reporting role within a financial environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and consistency
- Solid financial accounting skills and knowledge of external financial reporting requirements
- To be a self starter with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent analytical skills with an aptitude to review and challenge quantitative and qualitative disclosures
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.