- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81108
We're hiring a Wholesale Modelling Team Managerto join us in London or Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to lead a highly specialised team focused on developing regulatorily compliant internal rating based wholesale models
- It's an important leadership role, and will give you the chance to be involved in a very busy phase of redevelopment activity within the team
- You'll be joining a diverse team with a supportive and collaborative culture
What you'll do
This role will task you task you with leading the development and maintenance of internal rating based models which comply with all regulation, and with developing your team of analysts to support you.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and maintaining a team structure and approach that is able to adapt to changing priorities
- Providing data and accompanying analysis or commentary in response to regulatory enquiries and public disclosures regarding models
- Evaluating new ways of doing things and driving change within the team and the business
- Fostering a strong and positive risk culture and supporting any regulatory engagement
- Creating a great place to work that is motivating for technically skilled people and enables delivery
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience working in a modelling or related quantitative function – ideally in a corporate, commercial or investment banking environment.
You'll also bring:
- A degree in a quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of wholesale banking counterparty types and products
- Practical experience in statistical and mathematical credit risk modelling
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- A proven record of delivery and project management skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.