- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82814
Join our Financial Risk & Analytics function as a Senior Modelling Analyst
- This is a valuable opportunity for a Senior Modelling Analyst to join our Risk Scenario Models team within Financial Risk & Analytics
- It’s a varied role which will see you developing and maintaining credit stress testing models for wholesale and commercial business areas
- You'll have the opportunity to learn new coding languages and lead key projects, giving depth and variety to your development
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, with the chance to collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the risk community
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, which is why we offer a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
You'll be joining our Wholesale Risk Scenario Models team within Financial Risk & Analytics, in a part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining credit risk stress testing models for commercial and wholesale portfolios. You'll use your analytical talents to take forward the design, development and implementation of analytical and modelling projects. Through strong engagement with our key stakeholders, you'll ensure that the support we provide meets the requirements of the business. As such, you'll become an integral and active team member who will help to build and maintain our strong collaborative ethos.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Working on the scoping, design, build and maintenance of credit stress testing models, for commercial and wholesale bank portfolios
- Interacting with stakeholders on the various downstream uses of credit risk stress testing models
- Supporting the management of on-going analytic projects
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of projects
- Assisting with the implementation and post-implementation review of the final models
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need at least an undergraduate degree in a numerical related discipline that deals with statistical concepts. Ideally you'll have practical experience in statistical modelling development for risk management, such as Basel models or operational scorecards, using a language such as SAS, SQL, or similar.
We'll also be looking for:
- The ability to identify issues and trends from data, and create analytical solutions
- A collaborative approach in order to plan and organise workloads to meet agreed targets
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and motivate other team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with an understanding of how spreadsheets and data packages can be used to analyse numerical data
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to discuss complex analytical ideas with non-technical colleagues in a meaningful way
- Top class stakeholder management
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing Date: 29/11/18