- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Internal Audit
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 78799
Join us as an Audit Manager in Edinburgh
- We're looking for a dedicated and talented person to join us as an Audit Manager for Professional Practices in this highly collaborative role
- Joining our Internal Audit function, you'll play a key part in delivering the vital assurance, support, challenge and advice that keeps our customers and our business safe
- You'll be honing your advisory and audit expertise in a role with excellent development potential
What you'll do
This role will place you at the heart of the bank’s third line of defence, providing independent, objective audit assurance for our Professional Practices business.
You’ll work with Senior Audit Managers and business stakeholders to scope audits, formulate appropriate and robust testing plans, before leading engagement and execution of audits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of the risks associated with the business area and designing appropriate testing plans to assess the suitability of controls
- Providing support to Professional Practices Senior Audit Managers by delivering Quality Assurance reviews on a timely basis
- Supporting the development and implementation of our audit methodology and quality assurance strategy
- Engaging and building effective relationships with business stakeholders and colleagues across our internal audit function
- Supporting continuous improvement in the business area, championing positive change
- Delivering often complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced audit professional with in-depth understanding and experience of quality assurance and methodology practices within the financial services audit industry.
Alongside this, you'll have knowledge of internal audit best practices and an excellent understanding of risk and controls. It would be an advantage to have an audit qualification, or subject matter expertise in auditing technology risks and controls.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- The ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand way
- Commercial acumen and a strategic mind-set
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to deal with a number of different workstreams at once
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.