- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Housekeeping
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £18,454 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05QU6
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video
Why join Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Housekeeping Supervisor ?
• It's your world– Your next role could be as Senior Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Do not forget a competitive starting salary
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Supervisor for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
- You will be the face of the department, communicating with the Front Desk, Maintenance and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
- Acknowledging guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
- Inspecting guestrooms on daily basis to ensure excellent standards and to check furnishing and equipment are clean and in good repair, paying attention to details
- Assign special daily, weekly and monthly duties to room attendants
- Checking the computer system(ONQ) throughout the day for an update of room status
- Supervise the work of Room Attendants do and take immediate and take suitable corrective action in a case where a member of staff work is below standard
- Liaise with the immediate Supervisor to ensure all sections of rooms are spring cleaned in rotation
- To be fully conversant with all Housekeeping departmental Procedures
- Assist in monitoring and controlling housekeeping procedures, including lost and found, key and dect phones control, security and emergency procedures
- Report and log any rooms which do not require service
- Report and log any maintenance defects found in the rooms and assigned areas
- Work in line with any other Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure smooth running of the department and communicate with each other
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints.
- Ensure good communication with all departments.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work morning, afternoon/evening and weekends
- It would be advantageous if you worked in Hospitality industry previously.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Contract - Permanent, 39hrs per week (5 days over 7)
Salary - £18,454.80 per year + Hilton perks & benefits package
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.