- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Senior Management
- Location: Birmingham
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: tfwoj
The Planning Manager will be responsible for leading the planning and controls function on tenders, projects or programmes of works depending on the specific roles and opportunities within the company.
The Planning Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing all programmes, project controls and other time-related and production control deliverables, (sequence drawings, phasing diagrams, [BIM 4D would be advantageous], logistics and site management plans, S curves, milestone/key date trackers, resource histograms, plant schedules, etc.), with extensive experience, skill and knowledge in producing these deliverables from first principles (volumetric, unit rates and benchmarks).
Responsibilities of the Planning Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the responsibilities identified to you in the Company Health and Safety Policy Part 2 are conducted in accordance with the Company Management System
• Leading and managing the project planning and controls function
• Having staff management, development and or coaching responsibility
• Developing relationships with the client, professional team and supply chain
• Contributing to pre-contract planning and work winning
• Having a developed understanding of strategic planning and project management systems. Implementing robust project controls, accurate reporting status and forecasting
With excellent planning skills and a detailed understanding of construction methods, the ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and maintain programmes, project controls deliverables and other time-related materials, in conjunction with colleagues and other key stakeholders.
Candidates should ideally be degree qualified and be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and utilise necessary planning software to a high standard e.g. Asta Powerproject /Teamplan (or Oracle Primavera P6, if required).
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine is an equal opportunities employer.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.