- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Glencoe
- Up to £8.80 per hour, live-in available, pension
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Sandra Milne
A hotel to be proud of. A brilliant team. A historic, iconic location. It’s a little like working in a postcard.
The Kingshouse in Glencoe
A Scottish institution given a new lease of life. The Kingshouse Hotel is part landmark hotel, part adventurer’s bunkhouse – slap-bang in Glencoe and on Scotland’s world-famous West Highland Way. We have 57 bedrooms offering a great night’s sleep plus the bunkhouse offering shared rooms, a restaurant and two bars. Everyone is welcome and everyone will feel at home.
About the role
You’ll be part of our busy team of Porters - responsible for maintaining security, cleanliness and customer satisfaction during the night shift.
You’ll deliver exceptional customer service to all our guests. From carrying guests’ luggage to supporting with conference set up for the next day or clearing snow, no night shift will be the same.
Your friendly and engaging personality will immediately reassure our guests that they’re in safe hands. You’ll make lasting impressions, taking every possible opportunity to talk to our guests, share our story and enhance their experience.
As you'll drive our guests and team on and off the Estate, you'll be over 21 with a clean driver's licence.
What we need from you
- Previous Porter experience – a bit of a night owl!
- Good Listener – we don’t make assumptions, we listen to what our guests have to say – the good and the bad
- Team focus – there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness – we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to – we’re looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility – there’s no problem you can’t fix
What you'll get from us
- Development / Career progression – we’re committed to developing our people and will provide training opportunities to help you progress your career in hospitality
- Great benefits – including pension, leisure membership, and discounts on food and hotel stays
- Live-in accommodation – in one of the world’s most stunning locations
- Uniform – distinctively Scottish, yet stunningly modern - we’ll kit you out with everything you need
We’ll supply regular transport for our team members who work shifts.
We’re only a 40 minute drive from Fort William and 1 hour from Oban
For those wanting to use public transport, there’s a bus stop five minutes from the hotel with up to eight buses a day in summer and a few less in winter.