- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71773
Join us in Edinburgh as a Splunk Administrator
- We're looking for a keen and driven professional to join our growing team and work on our newly implemented Splunk central service
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with this exciting technology to help grow our customer base and the capability of our people
- You'll enjoy the benefits of our flexible working model and will be part of an on-call support rota
What you'll do
Joining our Reporting & MI team, you'll be maintaining and supporting the Splunk infrastructure. You'll also be providing administrative support to the various business application teams that use the Splunk platform.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Improving and maintaining Splunk shared service environments to include builds, upgrades and capacity planning
- Performing root cause analysis and remediating issues
- Troubleshooting and problem solving any infrastructure configuration or performance issues
- Producing documentation to aid the support of the Splunk environment
- Performing Splunk upgrades and patching through hot fixes and emergency bug fixes
- Continually analysing and evaluating Splunk environments to provide optimum performance
The skills you'll need
Your technical experience pertaining to Splunk 6 will be crucial in this role. You'll need to be able to install and manage Splunk 6.6 in a multi clustering environment. You'll also need to know how to implement and support Splunk as a shared service.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Linux and Windows experience
- Experience of supporting junior colleagues
- Strong communication and stakeholder interaction skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.