- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81287
We're hiring a Data Lineage Analyst to join us in Brighton or Edinburgh
- This role is a chance to join the Chief Data Office, part of our Data & Analytics function, and to play a part in developing and delivering data lineage projects
- You'll be tracking Key Data Elements (KDEs) through our systems, dealing with data from right across the bank, giving you a huge variety of work across a number of different areas
- The team's work is high profile and it's essential to get it right, making this a valuable opportunity for recognition and building your profile
What you'll do
You'll make an important contribution to a key project to track KDEs through the bank's systems, including creating end to end diagrams that detail how the data flows. You'll also produce solutions analysis, to help establish key progress checkpoints, and will contribute to monitoring and control.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing lineage analysis to prove the traceability of KDEs from reports to data fields in the bank’s systems
- Creating Lineage analysis reports that summarise and present the output to the bank's franchises and functions, providing options and recommendations to improve the data flow and reduce the risk of data quality errors
- Making sure any reports or processes are aligned to a specific business outcome, and then deconstructing the reports and processes to identify the KDEs contained within them
- Contributing to identifying, assessing, managing and escalating project risks and issues
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of a business change environment, with strong attention to detail and a good understanding of data quality and data governance frameworks. You'll ideally have a sound understanding of business analysis and project management methodologies, and experience of applying them. Experience of data analysis, business process redesign and operating model definition would be preferred.
You'll also bring:
- Sound decision making skills and problem solving skills, with the ability to exercise good judgement under pressure, and to recognise potential risks and issues
- The ability to plan, organise and manage your time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, with effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.