- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82328
Join us in Edinburgh as a Statutory Reporting Manager
- We'll look to you to ensure that all assigned statutory reporting outputs are delivered on a timely basis, and have been appropriately reviewed and understood
- This is an exciting time to be joining a growing team as we implement IFRS9 and new FINREP reporting requirements
- This role is available for a period of six months
What you'll do
This role will see you reporting to the Statutory Review & Challenge Team Manager, and undertaking review and challenge of key statutory and FINREP reporting deliverables. This will include the preparation of disclosure for external and internal reporting of statutory financial information, and you'll therefore, need to develop and understand both the accounting and business drivers for their disclosures.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across Finance
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the statutory and FINREP reporting process, and drive improvements where necessary
- Support the Statutory Review & Challenge Team Manager in assessing the impact of any statutory reporting or business changes, and in developing and improving processes through regular engagement and feedback
- Work very closely with extended India team, and build relationships with key stakeholders in functions and franchises so that we can build the expectation of what we are publishing externally
- Deputise for the team lead as required
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with an accountancy qualification such as an ACCA, ICAS, ICAW and CIMA. Along with knowledge of IFRS statutory reporting and FinRep regulatory requirements, you'll have strong communication skills, and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues.
You'll have knowledge of how data is used within a financial organisation, both operationally and for reporting and analysis, and you'll understand the key drivers and issues behind the reported outputs.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Expert, up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- A track record of meeting tight deadlines and delivering high quality outputs
- The ability to identify, build and enhance key relationships, influencing and challenging as required
- A proactive approach to continuously improving tasks and procedures
- The ability to operate effectively within an environment of change
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.