- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 74880
Join us in Edinburgh as an MQ & IIB Support Administrator
- Join our Technology function and help us to provide first in class customer service
- Provide a subject matter expert support service for all incidents and problems across our MQ and IIB systems in the event of failure or other subsystem-related problems
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be accountable for the provision of a reliable, stable and sustainable service which meets the customers' needs. You'll be driving, facilitating and implementing IT service improvements across the UNIX and z/OS environments.
You'll also be:
- Supporting the major incident management process and clearly articulating business impacts for affected services
- Identifying, tracking and managing key operational risks to the service, providing strong coordination with key stakeholders
- Playing a lead and active role in complex multi-platform recovery scenarios
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with extensive hands-on MQ administrator experience within in a large, complex support environment. You'll have knowledge of the configuration, maintenance and delivery of the MQ infrastructure and features, such as Shared Queues, Clustering and SSL Certificates.
You'll be a collaborative problem solver who can drive improvement, while working on a wide range of platforms. You'll remain calm in high pressured environments, and with strong stakeholder relationship skills, you'll work well with a variety of teams.
Your technical skills will also include:
- Knowledge of IBM MQ versions 5.1 - 9.x on o zOS, Linux and Windows
- Experience of IBM Integration Broker (IIB) v.9 running on RedHat Linux (RHEL) in an Enterprise Service Platform (ESP) Service-orientated environment
- Knowledge of IIB v.10
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus pension funding. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.