- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81331
Join us in Edinburgh as a Service Analyst, Data Management Informatica
- If you have an Informatica Administration background and are looking for a new challenge, this is an excellent opportunity to join our Data Management Informatica team within Digital & Engineering Services (DES)
- You'll be using your technical expertise to take a leading role in implementing, administering and supporting our extensive Informatica estate
- You'll work with a range of customers, applications, projects and stakeholders, following projects through the lifecycle and into production
What you'll do
You'll be joining a small team responsible for the administration of all ILM Data Archive environments. We'll look to you to install and administer ILM Data Archive environments and support projects as they use the product to archive data. You'll also support the use of related Informatica products such as PowerCenter and Data Validation option (DVO).
Recognised as the subject matter expert for the Informatica product, you will liaise with the vendor as required, and you'll work with Informatica engineering to ensure that standards are adhered to.
In the course of your work you'll also:
- Collaborate with a range of development, testing, infrastructure and business teams
- Look to implement agile tools and techniques
- Support the central points of customer contact and first and second level support using the incident management, change management and request fulfilment processes
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who can combine the necessary technical skills required for the role with strong and adaptable communication skills. You may have a development background but administration experience, ideally on ILM Data Archive or other Informatica products is essential. UNIX, Oracle and SQL experience is also required
You'll have strong analytical skills and be a logical thinker, able to come up with the right technical and procedural solutions. You’ll also have experience with data access, ideally across a wide spectrum of data types and platforms.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- The able to work well in a team, foster collaboration, and build trust among colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience working with project managers and providing accurate estimates, timescales and deliverables
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively on technical matters, and to translate business challenges into effective solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.