- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 285369
Location - Glasgow - G2 5HN
Becoming a Senior Business Analyst with Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist:
The chance to join a team at the start of a journey, following a restructure you will be able to mould the future of the team.
What you will do:
- Engagement with business experts to understand current business processes and/or transitional and future requirements. Analysis of business issues and needs by ensuring the appropriate business analysis methodologies and techniques are applied to elicit the real business need behind problem statements and high-level requirements
- Quality oversight in the shaping, prioritisation and definition of the business requirements to provide best fit with system(s) functionality and delivery capability
- Ensuring appropriate level of Planning/Facilitation/delivery of workshops from initial problem statements, requirements and data gathering through to implementation planning and delivery support
- Line Management of small team of Business Analyst.
- Reviewing and sign off on Analysis estimating, resource planning and allocation. implementation plans where appropriate and test approach, plans, criteria and results to ensure traceability to business requirements
- Delivery of high/detailed level requirements and equivalent high/detailed level business solution design documentation to ensure completeness and coherence
- Ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge to ensure positive outcome across all levels of the organisation
- Operating effectively within a business change environment, adapting approach to suit working environment
- Driving out and delivering potential improvements as part of a wider Business Analysis Competency
Your experience will include:
- Ability and willingness to operate across any type of project on a site/account (covering all systems/ products) and potentially across different sites/accounts
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and their potential to deliver business benefits and knowledge of different project lifecycles and software development approaches and experience of full project life cycle across a range of projects
- Proven ability to coach and /or manage staff at various levels of experience (where appropriate)
- Strong facilitation, communication, listening, coaching and presentation skills, with experience of running results driven workshops
- Experience of using structured methodologies and techniques
- Able to translate business strategy into business and/or technical design, ability to work at a conceptual level where business objectives and requirements may not be well defined and ability to flex solutions appropriately
- Flexible and has an ability to prioritise and multi task in a challenging working environment, good organisational skills
- Demonstrate effective and productive stakeholder management both internally at all levels and with 3rd parties and show strong influencing skills
- Experience of working with business customers and technical delivery resources (including 3rd party suppliers) desirable as is an awareness of system analysis techniques and experience of working within an outsourcing environment
About Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist
At Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist, we work in partnership with over 20 well known UK and international financial services providers to administer life, savings and pensions policies on their behalf. We're able to deliver complex processing while maintaining quality, and provide a wide range of services including underwriting, back office administration, claims management and technical support. We work with a number of notable clients such as Sun Life, Abbeylife and Royal London. You could too, if you join our talented financial services team here.
Life, Pensions & Specialist are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising with service), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Liz.Hudson@capita.co.uk for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.