- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Visitor Services Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05NGK
THIS MIGHT BE YOUR DAY!
The new Hampton by Hilton Edinburgh is looking for you.
We are now ready to recruit all the talent we need to make the soon-to-open Hampton by Hilton Edinburgh Airport a big success.
Join one of our assessment centers on Thursday the 11th of October or Thursday the 18th of October at the Doubletree Edinburgh Airport.
If you are interested sign up via
Valid Right to Work documentation for the UK is needed. Please bring your CV to the event.
We are super excited to see you there and hope to welcome you soon into the Hilton Family!J
About Hampton by Hilton Edinburgh Airport
What are we looking for?
Hamptonality. We make Hamptonality our own. We bring our own individual strengths and irresistible personalities to work. We find our own ways to deliver on our brand values. It's a FACT that the world needs more people who are friendly, authentic, caring and thoughtful.
In addition to this, our Kitchen Guest Services Agent will be responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Kitchen Guest Services Agent will also be required to do the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards expected by Hilton
- Perform tasks within a timely manner
- Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control
- Provide support to the Kitchen brigade and other departments when needed
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Be environmentally aware
Key skills & relevant qualifications?
A Kitchen Guest Service Agent is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice Chef
- NVQ Level 1
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course
- A passion for food
- Completion of an accredited commercial cookery course or trade apprenticeship
- Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- NVQ Level 2
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We Are Hilton, We Are Hospitality!
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Contract - Permanent, 39hrs per week (5 shifts over 7 days)
Salary – Competetive + Hilton perks & benefits, uniform & meals on duty.
Check Out Similar Jobs